Get 7% off your electric supply for two billing periods
With PowerSwitch, you’ll get a one-time offer of 7% off the electric supply portion of your PCL&P bill for two billing periods (“Introductory Period”). Plus, you get to choose the energy supplier that best meets your needs from a list of participating companies. Or, you can let us pick for you. But no matter how you decide on an alternate supplier,
- We’ll still deliver the energy to your home and business.
- We’l still handle all power outage or gas emergency incidents, and maintain the safety and reliability of its systems.
- We’ll continue to read the meter(s) and do the billing.
- You’ll get just one bill from us and make only one monthly payment to us. We’ll then pay the alternate supplier on your behalf.
- In the event an alternate supplier fails to provide you with gas or electric supply, We’ll act as a back-up provider and ensure uninterrupted supply and delivery.
How do I enroll in PowerSwitch?
To qualify for the 7% savings, you must sign up directly through PCL&P. You can enroll by using our convenient online enrollment form, or by calling us toll-free at 1-877-434-4100 and following the voice prompts on our automated system.
- PowerSwitch is only available for PCL&P’s Pennsylvania residential and small commercial customers.
- Savings on your utility bills beyond the Introductory Period are not guaranteed.
- If you’re already enrolled with an alternate supplier or switch alternate suppliers, you’re not eligible to participate in PowerSwitch.
- You may participate in PowerSwitch only once.
- You’re free to withdraw at any time and select another alternate supplier for your service(s), or you may return to having PCL&P as your energy supplier. If you withdraw during the Introductory Period, your 7% discount will end.
After Enrolling in PowerSwitch:
- Your new alternate supplier will send you a sales agreement with terms, conditions, and price terms for your electric supply for the Introductory Period and beyond.
- The alternate supplier may not cancel the agreement during the introductory period.
- PCL&P will provide your alternate supplier with your account information, including telephone number, to facilitate participation in the Program.
- The sales agreement provided by your new alternate supplier will have a month-to-month term.
- If you decide not to take service under the new sales agreement, you have three days upon receipt of the sales agreement to contact your new alternate supplier or PCL&P to rescind the agreement and cancel your PowerSwitch enrollment.
Price Terms with Your Alternate Supplier:
- The price for supply after the Introductory Period is determined by the open price term in your sales agreement with your new alternate supplier. If the open price term doesn’t state how the price will be determined, the alternate supplier will inform you and PCL&P in advance when the price will change, and what the price will be.
- If PCL&P doesn’t receive a price change from your alternate supplier for after the Introductory Period, you’ll continue to be charged the supply price of the previous billing period.
- You may cancel the agreement without penalty or termination fee at anytime. Just contact the alternate supplier or PCL&P.
- If you call to cancel the agreement more than 11 days before your next bill, your alternate supplier’s service will end with the current billing period.
If you call to cancel the agreement 11 days or less before your next bill, your alternate supplier’s service will end with the next billing period.