Here are the energy choice options that you have in New Jersey:
- Residential customers always have the power of choosing their own supplier. To select an alternate supplier, you may view the list of energy suppliers to shop around or visit the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities for more information
- You may shop on their own for an alternate electric supplier and have the option to participate in Optional Hourly Energy Pricing. To select an alternate supplier, see our list of energy suppliers. For further information, visit the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Web site.
- You can compare Third Party Supplier prices to Rockland Electric’s prices with the Price to Compare (PTC) tool by logging in to My Account.
- Customers can view projected price comparison information when choosing a Third Party Supplier. Rockland Electric posts projected price comparison information to enable customers to make decisions regarding their energy choices.*
* Please note that Rockland Electric is providing the projected price comparison for informational purposes only. Your actual prices for the commodity portion of your electric service may differ from the projected price comparison. Please also note that the prices produced by Rockland Electric’s tariff will supersede any projected price comparison information.
Optional Hourly Energy Pricing
As a business customer of Rockland Electric, you can choose to have your electric supply priced on an hourly basis. We’d provide this service under the Basic Generation Service-Commercial Industrial Energy Price (BGS-CIEP) or the actual real time cost to purchase energy on an hourly basis.
How will this BGS-CIEP affect my account?
The supply portion of your electric usage will no longer be charged at a fixed rate for a given period of time. Your energy charges will vary each hour of the day, and every day of the week based on market conditions.
In order to participate, you may be required to upgrade your existing meter at an additional cost.
How do I enroll in BGS-CIEP?
To enroll, please complete and return the BGS-CIEP Authorization Form before the second business day of the calendar year.
Please note that you’ll need to remain on this option for a twelve-month period beginning June 1, unless you choose an alternate supplier for your electric supply.
If you have any questions, please call our Major Accounts Engineer at 845-577-3324.
List of Energy Suppliers
These independent energy suppliers have indicated they intend to serve our customers in New Jersey for the customer groups indicated below. Each of these suppliers has met the eligibility requirements established by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
Scroll right on mobile to see more information.