Qualifying life support equipment*
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Apnea monitor for infants (24 months and under
- Oxygen concentrator
- Pressure breathing therapy
- Infusion feeding pump
- Peritoneal dialysis machine
*Note: Only certain types/models qualify. Nebulizers and adult apnea monitors do not qualify.
If you or a loved one is on life support, make sure you enroll in our Life Support Equipment (LSE) program. It doesn’t guarantee uninterrupted electric service, but when unavoidable power outages occur, the program provides information and notifications to help you stay informed, prepared and safe.
What the LSE program provides
- A Personal Emergency Planner to help you organize your plans if your electric service is interrupted. It also outlines your options if an outage is forecasted to be extensive.
- A confidential telephone number for quick access to report your loss of power.
- Advance notification of planned outages and notifications of severe weather and other emergencies that could cause unplanned outages.
- A wellness call during an extended outage or a home visit if contact cannot be made.
- Flexible payment schedules. You’re still obligated to pay your monthly bill. If you’re having trouble paying your bill, please contact our Customer Service department by calling toll-free at 1-877-434-4100 so we can discuss assistance options
What the LSE program DOES NOT provide
- Generators. You’re responsible to plan for and acquire a generator, if needed.
- A guarantee of uninterrupted service. Unavoidable power outages do happen. Sudden severe storms, vehicular accident damage, tree limb contact, equipment failure or other problems can interfere with your electric service.
- Discounted electric service. Our rates are regulated and therefore we are not allowed to offer discounts of any kind.