Do You Smell Gas?
- Act Fast. Get everyone out of the house at once, leaving the doors and windows open.
- On your way out, don’t use anything that could generate a spark, such as a light switch, telephone, cell phone or car ignition.
- Once you’re at a safe distance, call our Gas Emergency Hotline at 1-800-533-LEAK (5325) or 911.
- Stay outside until an on-site PCLP representative tells you it’s safe to go back in.
Signs of a Gas Leak
- Smell – A distinctive, strong odor similar to rotten eggs.
- See – A white cloud, mist, fog, bubbles in standing water, blowing dust or vegetation that appears to be dead or dying for no reason.
- Hear – Roaring, hissing or whistling.