The Good Neighbor Fund

Emergency Customer Assistance Grants for Customers of Pike County Light & Power

What is the Good Neighbor Fund?

What is the Good Neighbor Fund?

The Good Neighbor Fund was established to help our customers pay for their utility bills when
experiencing a financial hardship.

You don't need to repay any grant money received, and the maximum grant is $500 ($250 for electric
and/or $250 for gas).

The United Way of Pike County processes the applications and administers the grants on behalf of
Pike County Light & Power.

How Is the Program Funded?

The Good Neighbor Fund receives money from Pike County Light & Power (PCLP) and through
donations from existing customers.

If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution to the fund, you may do so by checking
the box on your bill for the Good Neighbor Fund.

Your bill will be rounded up to the nearest whole dollar every month for one year.

Am I Eligible?

To be eligible for the Good Neighbor Fund, you must be a PCLP customer and meet the following

  • Have a financial hardship and be able to provide documentation dated in the last six
  • months.
  • Have not received two Good Neighbor Fund grants within the past five years.
  • Have a monthly income of no more than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
  • Have made a payment of at least one bill amount in the last 12 months, not including LIHEAP or other Government Assistance payments.
  • Have an established payment arrangement with PCLP, if the account has a past due
  • balance of over 30 days delinquent.

When Can I Apply?

When Can I Apply?

Applications are accepted and processed year-round. This is not a seasonal program.

How Do I Apply?

You will need to provide proof of a financial hardship, income, any governmental benefits or denials, and any of the other circumstances you meet as outlined in the eligibility criteria.

Contact Pike County Light & Power in one of the following ways to fill out an application and submit
your supporting documentation:

Send an email to:

In Person
Stop in the PCLP office at 105 Schneider Lane, Milford PA, 18337 to fill out an application in person.

By Phone
Call the PCLP office at 570-832-2988 and request an application be mailed to you.

PCLP will collect the completed applications and corresponding documentation to submit them
directly to the United Way.